Although this is a natural formula, you are mixing together items that could have a reaction if left to sit. Be safe and properly dispose the leftovers if any.
As with any product, ALWAYS test a small section of the carpet, hard wood floors or furniture to make sure that this formula doesn’t react negatively with your items.
How to Remove Pet Urine Odor Naturally
We used this formula on wood, carpets and linoleum floors and had no issues with any of them…but always check to be on the safe side!
- First rinse the pet urine area with a 50/50 vinegar to water solution and either blot up or extract with wet vac or home carpet cleaner
- Gather your ingredients: 4oz hydrogen peroxide, 1 tsp baking soda, 1tsp vinegar, 1/2 tsp castile soap, 3-5 drops orange essential oil
- Combine all ingredients in an empty spray bottle and shake gently to mix
- Test for colorfastness in a closet corner or hidden area
- Liberally spray the soiled area with this solution
- Allow to dwell on pet urine spot for 30 minutes to an hour
- Rinse the saturated area with tap water or your 50/50 vinegar solution and blot out with a towel or extract with wet vac or home carpet cleaner
- Repeat if necessary
- Discard any leftover solution