Viewing posts categorised under: Grease
Got a grease or oil stain in your carpet? Don’t panic!
- Remove the excess oil with a cloth, newspaper or brown paper bag.
- Cover it completely with cornstarch, brushing it over the area to work it into the fibers. Let it sit for about an hour.
- Vacuum the cornstarch from the carpet.
- Repeat the process if needed with larger spills.
- Apply a little liquid detergent to the stain (most detergents are able to remove grease, but for tough stains you may need to try a liquid dish soap). Scrub the detergent into the carpet with you fingers or a toothbrush and let it sit for 3-5 minutes so it has a chance to break down the grease.
- Pour a little water onto the area and blot it up with a clean, absorbent cloth right away. Repeat until all of the soap is removed.
- Absorb any extra water with a towel.